Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

genesis dual battery set up

Old 07-30-2015, 01:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genesis dual battery set up

Is anyone running the genesis dual set up in their rig? Any problems or good quality? Or how else is everyone running a dual battery set up?
Old 07-30-2015, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have it. Had it on for over a year now. With two optima yellow tops. I have an ARB fridge freezer in the back... onboard air, Aux lights in the front and back, winch, sPod, lots of electronics, some that I might run with the jeep off, and I wanted to make sure I could always have juice to crank the engine. It's very well made. It's a lot of money but was totally worth it in my opinion. Id buy it again.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks. Yeah I have the fridge now and lights and compressor like you. I was afraid of being dead with no help. Especially when out camping with the family.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by templer
Ok thanks. Yeah I have the fridge now and lights and compressor like you. I was afraid of being dead with no help. Especially when out camping with the family.
It's great to know you have a backup battery or can even bridge the two should both drain.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

I also have their kit. Pricey tho reasonably easy to install. I'm not a big fan of the mess of wires that it brings, so I have also installed an sPOD for internal electrics. I'm running the Sears Platinum deep cells. I run my winch, lights, compressor and radios without issue. Mostly, just wanted insurance that I'd be able to crank the engine in the cold if I ran the batteries too low. Can get a nice status panel that fits into the sPOD too.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is anyone running the genesis dual set up in their rig? Any problems or good quality? Or how else is everyone running a dual battery set up?
Very good quality, includes solenoid and wiring.
I use 2 Optima Yellow Tops.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help everyone. About how long did it take to install?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I really like this Genesis set up, but I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the money over one of the new micro jumper set ups like this: http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Ba...+start+battery .
Old 08-04-2015, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCDriller
I really like this Genesis set up, but I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the money over one of the new micro jumper set ups like this: http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Ba...+start+battery .
The other day I saw a mechanic arrive on a scooter to jump start my neighbors' car.
As I passed by them, the mechanic used a tiny battery for the jump start. It was the first time I saw it in action. Impressive.
Then, I noticed a full-size battery on the scooter, so I asked why did he bring it too.
The reply was - "I can't bring myself to fully trust those small batteries, so I take the large one just in case"...

Batteries like the Antigravity AG-XP-10 have shorter life, and one has to remember to charge them.
I'm not sure that the technology has matured enough to be as reliable and for as long as full sized deep discharge gel batteries.

Last edited by GJeep; 08-04-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help everyone. About how long did it take to install?
I just ordered the Genesis and G Screen along with an sPOD switch panel. I'll be sure to reply back to this thread with a detailed install.

Quick Reply: genesis dual battery set up