Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Guage Problems

Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guage Problems

Ok,
My esp obs light, my passenger side airbag light, and abs light are all on and they don't go off after I turn the jeep on. my jeep is a salvage rebuild title and it was rebuilt.

Bubba
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

How long have you had this problem? Did it just start or has it been like that since it was rebuilt? If it just started I would say disconnect the battery and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and see if that resets the computer. Just a thought!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks i will try it tonight.
i think that it just started because i bought it from a friend and i had been with him before and it was not on so i think it just started. he has the reset codes so i will try the battery then if that doesn't work i will reset the codes,
thanks

Bubba
Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

No problem, hope it works out for you.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just found out that the lights were on when my friend had it too, so they have been on since he got it, but it was in a flood, only the front end i think, he replaced the fuse box and all the fluids. i have an appointment with a mechanic on wednesday so he is going to try to do a full diagnostic test on it to see what is wrong.
thanks

Bubba
Old 02-02-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

My ABS, ESP and airbag lights came on today. Has anyone had this issue other than the original poster? My Jeep was new to me in '08.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i went to the dealer and had a diagnostic ran and then they replaced the computer chip and that fixed a couple of the lights, then they are replacing the hydraulic pump for the brakes.

Bubba

Quick Reply: Guage Problems