Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hard top washer/wiring harness closed in tailgate

Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top washer/wiring harness closed in tailgate

Anyone else ever lucky enough to slam their harness in their tailgate?
I have been meaning to tie that somewhere ever since swapping tops for the summer. Well, driving rain storn and trying to load a workbench in the jeep in a hurry, and it's a little late now...

I see Quadratec sells the harness. Anyone ever run one of them or know how difficult it is? I traced it up as far as the driver's door and it looked pretty easy. I only really need the washer line as it snapped right in half..... looks like it might be easier to run the whole thing...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tuck mine into the carpet after removing hardtop.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Glo8 - I see you made the investment. What's your assessment of the Flashpaq !?

Originally Posted by GL08JK
I have never done that yet, but have left it hooked up while trying to remove the hardtop for the summer
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paui4m
Anyone else ever lucky enough to slam their harness in their tailgate?
I have been meaning to tie that somewhere ever since swapping tops for the summer. Well, driving rain storn and trying to load a workbench in the jeep in a hurry, and it's a little late now...

I see Quadratec sells the harness. Anyone ever run one of them or know how difficult it is? I traced it up as far as the driver's door and it looked pretty easy. I only really need the washer line as it snapped right in half..... looks like it might be easier to run the whole thing...
Dunno how much the Q-Tec Harness is, but if you just need the water line, just splice into it forward of where it broke. Should be able to get a fitting and hose from your local parts store. Just cut off a small piece of hose and carry it with you to match up.

Anthony
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Glo- that's disappointing on the Flashpaq. Thanks for the opinion.

Anthony - good suggestion. I have the piece that broke off and will try taking it somewhere to match before spending the 150 (and time investment to replace).
You have any different opinion of your Flashpaq ?

Last edited by paui4m; 06-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paui4m
Glo- that's disappointing on the Flashpaq. Thanks for the opinion.

Anthony - good suggestion. I have the piece that broke off and will try taking it somewhere to match before spending the 150 (and time investment to replace).
You have any different opinion of your Flashpaq ?
Glad I could help!
As far as the Flashpaq, I am very happy with mine. Running the 91 tune, noticeable power gain (not HEMI power, but noticeable), not sure about mileage because I got it the first month that I had my JK. Plus, makes for easy speedometer adjustments due to larger tires, among a lot more features. I would buy it again. There are TONS of threads about programmers on here.

I would say if you don't notice improvement after installing and running the Flashpaq for a while, then return it to the stock settings and drive it. You will probably not ever want to run you Jeep stock again!

Anthony

Quick Reply: Hard top washer/wiring harness closed in tailgate