Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Has anyone purchased these or have any info?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone purchased these or have any info?

I was scrolling my FB newsfeed and stumbled upon a 4x4 group buy for some 7" 6000 lumens led headlights. I can't tell who the maker is, but the price seems nice. Does anyone have any info about these? Maybe you purchased them yourself and can give some info on them. I'm not sure how much longer the group buy lasts, but if it's worth it I think I would buy them.
http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/adv...rds=7+led+6000
Old 07-09-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those look to be the lights from inspired engineering. http://www.inspired-engineering.com/...ductCode=LWHL7
Old 07-09-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

These lights all look like each other. I'm pretty sure I have read that Inspired Engineering is not using the same ones as these, but they do look alike. I have seen the same thing by NightSun too.
It appears that with this group buy you have to wire them in, so they are not plug and play. They do sell an anti flicker harness. How does all of that work? If I buy the lights and harness, what would I have to do to get everything installed?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
These lights all look like each other. I'm pretty sure I have read that Inspired Engineering is not using the same ones as these, but they do look alike. I have seen the same thing by NightSun too.
It appears that with this group buy you have to wire them in, so they are not plug and play. They do sell an anti flicker harness. How does all of that work? If I buy the lights and harness, what would I have to do to get everything installed?
you would just have to wire the lights to the anti-flicker harness, and add your connecters to them so you can just plug n play. if i understand your explanation correctly while your connecting them just use the wire connectors that have the heat shrink integrated around them.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ones from Nightsun 4x4. They come with the connector already attached and I don't use an anti-flicker harness. They work well and are MUCH better than the factory headlights. They look cool too. I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Not positive because there are several varieties of these, but I believe they may be the MRL Rogue headlights. I just ordered a pair from Justice Offroad and plan on doing a review once they get in. Dan @ Justice told me the MRL's come with a 3 year warranty with receipt.

Rogue LED Headlamps (pair) | Justice Off Road
7" ROGUE JEEP HEADLIGHT PAIR $235 - Farmer Johnson Off-Road

Here's a short video of the light output:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTx9pUdX7k

Last edited by NCPir8; 07-10-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All are exactly the same. Everyone likely sources them from Alibaba, then Puts a harness on or not and sells them. I bought the Nightsun and it appears I paid about $65 for the wiring harnesses pre-installed bit had to add a connector for the daytime driving lights which was easy. Nightsun provided great customer service so far.

Quick Reply: Has anyone purchased these or have any info?