Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight issues

Old 12-01-2017, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headlight issues

I'm having a headlight issue and could use some feedback. I just installed Daymaker clone LED headlights. All seemed well. After adjusting and testing them I noticed that the passenger side high beam stopped working. When I put the high beams on the entire light went out. It was intermittent, than constant. I disconnected the LED and hooked the halogen back up and the high beam isn't working there either. I took the LED headlight and tested it on the bench and it works perfectly.

I know the headlights are run via CANBUS and there are no relays or fuses. Am I looking at a TIPM issue? I can't see how the LED headlight would cause a failure but the lights worked fine before I installed them so... The driver's side high beam works fine.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Headlight issues