Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight Recommendations?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Recommendations?

If you guys can give me any info or recommendations on halo headlights that are reasonably priced and made by a credible company, I would really appreciate it. Preferably the color changing halos but I heard those tend to be low quality. Price range: No more than $220
I've been looking at these:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/axial...nals-9717.html

They are being sold by a reputable source (Extreme Terrain) and they have a killer price. Let me know if you have these. Your info and experience is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Whatever you install, please make sure they are aimed properly. Even if you have never touched the factory adjusters, when you replace the housing the beams will almost always be high. You'll think your new LEDs are the snizzle.....but you'll be blinding everyone else on the road.

I won't comment on those specific lights, cheap lights in general, or my opinion of Extreme Terrain as it's not what you want to hear.
The following users liked this post:
Millennium Wrangler (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd recommend making sure you install the MOPAR horizontal adjustment screw. Personally, I'm not a fan of LED headlights. I don't like the color band for daily driving. Since you're in Orlando you probably never ever have to worry about frost or snow, but those can cake on LED lights in the winter as they don't have the heat of a traditional halogen to melt them.
The following users liked this post:
Millennium Wrangler (07-10-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, no matter what you want to install, to make clear your position, I am the number one fan of LED, I am now using the headlights in novisght, they are generally 50 dollars, I hope to help you.

Quick Reply: Headlight Recommendations?