Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight & Taillight Flashers (Wig-Wags)

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight & Taillight Flashers (Wig-Wags)

I've seen a couple of the other emergency light threds, but I was wondering who has wig-wag flashers installed and what make/model you are all running. I intend on adding them to my JK but wanted to see what setups others are running and any comments about them.

I know its basically installing an in-line flash relay, but install pics would be awesome to see where your flasher unit is mounted. Been looking at some Sound-Off models, but having problems finding the recommended headlight flasher.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I found the required flashers for the JK, for those interested in Sound-Off Signal equipment (pretty good stuff), the part numbers are below:

Headlight Flasher: Select-A-Pattern Isolation Flasher - ETHFSS-SP-ISO; $49.00
Taillight Flasher: Flashback Alternating Taillight Flasher - ETFBSSN-P; $41.95

Picked them up from ht tp://www.lonestarpse.com out of Houston, TX, which seemed to have them cheapest.

I'll post pics of install/video of lights when all installed. Should have them, as well as the lights for my Gobi rack all in sometime this week...

Last edited by Cedo Nulli; 01-10-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: updates
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

(reserved for install pics)
Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the soundoff traffic backer in my JK... Don't hesitate to call them and confirm that you have the right parts. Good luck with the install and I can't wait to see the pics

PS I did run into some problems installing the tail light flasher from what seemed like a capacitor at the actual drivers side tail light.. It took a couple of hours and a case of beer but me and my buddy got it working.

Last edited by Thejmack; 01-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was also thinking of doing this, can't wait for your pics/vid
Old 01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Well headlight flasher was received this week, taillight flasher is on B/O and will drop ship from Manuf direct. I had hoped to get pics up today, but it'll have to wait until the tails come in.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Taillight flasher arrived today...now I just need to figure out which wire is which coming off the light wiring harness on the Integrated Power Module under the JK fuse box and should be good to go (hopefully, it's never that easy).
Old 05-28-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Headlight Flashers?

I have a headlight flasher system that took of from my SUV since I traded it in for a more suitable 2009 JK 4 Door Rubicon. I want to install the flasher on my JK since I've already installed a Federal Signal Siren and a CARSON Siren model SA-360 and I am using a Whelen strobe (Visor Unit). I've searched everywhere for the wiring diagram with no joy. The headlight flasher is from Gall's and it is to be wired to a 12V DC negative ground. It was very simple to install the flasher in the SUV but I am not sure how the JK is wired. As mentioned before, the Flasher can can only be installed to a 12V DC negative ground circuit. My goal is to have it installed after I solve the wiring configuration of the JK.

Does anyone know the wiring configuration of the JK?

How is the headlight system wired?

I will appreciate any assistance. Thanks a million in advance.

Sincerely and respectfully;
Eli

Last edited by BlueRubicon; 05-29-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Headlight & Taillight Flashers (Wig-Wags)