Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

headlight wiring not going well...

Old 12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headlight wiring not going well...

I am in the process of switching out my stock headlights with some Cibies and am having some trouble with the wiring. I have a IPF/ARB headlight harness (used the same on my old cherokee with great results). I actually had to tear apart that one to make it work for the JK. I modeled it after the setup on daniel stern's website and also used the capacitors and diodes that "dsy" suggested.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=buzzing

The problem I am running into is that I don't get a low beam with or without the jeep on. I get a high beam on, no buzzing, with the jeep on or off. The bulbs are good, the wiring is EXACTLY like the one from DS's website, and the relays are both good.

What else should I look for? I have quadruple checked everything with no answers. Help! I just want to get this over with, I have been messing with the wiring for over a week.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would double check the diode is facing the correct direction. If you have it facing the wrong way, the relay will not turn on.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

I thought I had them both correctly positioned, but I'll double check it. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

I'm dumb. That was it. Could have sworn that I installed them with the correct polarity. Oh well, thanks for the insight riderpride!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Great! Glad it was a simple fix. Post you impressions of the upgrade when you get time.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RiderPride
I would double check the diode is facing the correct direction. If you have it facing the wrong way, the relay will not turn on.

Riderville...I wonder where that is....
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Impression of the Cibie install

I can tell you that this mod is the best mod for your jeep for under 250. It is a night and day difference. Ya gotta look and ride with someone to see for youself. Chris

Quick Reply: headlight wiring not going well...