Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headrest Video Monitors in Factory Headrest (Cut-In)

Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blkpearl
how is the view for for kids(they sit lower than adults) since the headrests do not move to adjust angel?

looks good, nice job
good question.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good question... as all LCD screens have issues with viewing angle, these screens are no different.
My three year old is still in a car seat and can see the image. I admit we do tilt the seat back down slightly to help with the viewing angle. As he grows, this will be a non issue. Would be nice if there was a mounting option to adjust angle for fixed post headrests. I will try to remember to grab some pictures from his perspective if you're interested.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

sweet ....pics would be cool, i was looking at some monitors this afternoon, they have some that have a swivle screen.....
Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkpearl
sweet ....pics would be cool, i was looking at some monitors this afternoon, they have some that have a swivle screen.....
Saw a few like that as well, but most also require a larger (Deeper) mounting bracket. Which made most other monitors a No-Go in the Wrangler Headrest.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY VERY VERY nice work!!! You can tell you really took your time and did a factory looking install. If I had a four door I would do it too. With the 2 door it is pointless no one can get in back there.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
VERY VERY VERY nice work!!! You can tell you really took your time and did a factory looking install. If I had a four door I would do it too. With the 2 door it is pointless no one can get in back there.
Thanks... I did take my time. But only took like 20 hours in slow-mo.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default viewing angle

I have this same set-up in my jeep. Before I mounted the screens, I took the headrest posts and carefully insterted them into my bench-vise. I then proceeded to bend the head rest posts so that the headrests are more upright. Served two purposes....The kids can see the screens, and , the headrests no longer stick into the back of my head. I did have to use a grinder to cut a new notch in the posts to get them to click into the seats properly.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Didn't notice anywhere, but I was wondering what the total thickness of your monitors was. I found some 6" LCD that are 22 mm thick (under 0.85") for under $100 each... You think it'll work?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Junkie

great write-up,nice work
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you the man!!!

Quick Reply: Headrest Video Monitors in Factory Headrest (Cut-In)