Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hella headlamp upgrade

Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella headlamp upgrade

I ordered the Hella headlamp upgrade and I was wondering if anyone had install advise.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which one is it?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

This one.
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4669
Old 09-11-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's very easy. The harness connects to the battery and has 2 leads to the passenger side headlamp area (1 connects to the factory headlight connector for a trigger) and 1 to the driver's side. You can run them all along the passenger side and run the driver's across the radiator support, or run the driver's side across the fire wall and down the fender. There's enough cable for either. I ran mine across the fire wall. Pick up some cable ties to attach the new cables to existing bundles and it makes it nice and neat. I drilled a small hole in the firewall and used a sheetmetal screw to mount the relays.

You need to remove the grill and the headlights drop right in using the factory retainer rings. I taped up the extra factory headlight connector on the driver's side just to be safe.

You'll be pleased with the end product. The difference from the factory headlights is amazing.

This thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=susquehanna has more info and some pictures.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks! I can't wait to have some decent headlights. I didn't want to half-ass it and just get silverstars that get dim after a year.

Quick Reply: Hella headlamp upgrade