Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! Code p0113 after replacing thermostat

Old 01-26-2019, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help! Code p0113 after replacing thermostat

I just replaced my thermostat last night. It had pink gunk dried up all over it. My temp was running hot and the fan was running all the time AND stayed on after I shut off my engine. Never threw any codes.

Did my research and drained my radiator and replaced my thermostat. This morning my check engine light came on and I threw a p0113 code.

I'm not certain that the two are not related. But how? I looked up what that code means but don't know why they would be. Anybody have experience with this?

2014 Sport, 2 dr manual. Stock under the hood.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any chance you forgot to plug in something? I know the sensor under the intake(which I assume was removed ) could easily be forgotten-
Old 01-28-2019, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I plugged it back in. I wonder if it tripped bc I unplugged it. I cleared the code and the engine light hasn't come back on yet. Not to say that it won't. But it hasn't.

Quick Reply: Help! Code p0113 after replacing thermostat