Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

help with lighting...

Old 07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help with lighting...

ok so i am going to put an some kc lights on my jeep, 2 by the windshield and 2 on the front bumper. are there a sertain type that go to each location ie: long range fogs on the wind shield and driving on the bumper!?!? help me out here!! also, link to what would be best would help alot!! thanks guys!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the KC Slim Lights on the windshield mounts, they work out great aside from a little bit of glare off the hood.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really depends on your intended use.

Fogs are designed to be low to get under the fog, so with that exception, it's whatever you prefer.

Personally, i have KC fogs and driving lights on my bumper, long range spots on the A-pillars. This pretty much covers all the bases for me.

I had driving lights on the a-pillars for a bit, but i did get a minimal amount of glare off the hood. it wasnt bad, just that i noticed it. ~some dont.

What do you intend to use them for?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

my intended use is mostly for navigating trails at night to be able to see further down the trail at whats up ahead and if weather gets really bad i want to be able to have a little extra lighting on the road surface
Old 07-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

I would chose a set of fogs for sure then.

As for the other set (windshield i would assume)

as for trails... what kind? If they are tight or wooded, then spots really wouldnt be the best choice in my opinion as they are more of a pencil type beam for sistance, driving lights would give you a bit shorter, but wider light pattern. IMHO those would work better on wooded trails.

Although just my fogs work great for that.

Edit: Someone else may have different opinions, i hope to hear them as well!

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 07-14-2008 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I would chose a set of fogs for sure then.

As for the other set (windshield i would assume)

as for trails... what kind? If they are tight or wooded, then spots really wouldnt be the best choice in my opinion as they are more of a pencil type beam for sistance, driving lights would give you a bit shorter, but wider light pattern. IMHO those would work better on wooded trails.

Although just my fogs work great for that.

Edit: Someone else may have different opinions, i hope to hear them as well!

thanks for the help, where i live there are mostly wooded trails. i am going to try go put in for a transfer in about a year to head out towards the west coast (maybe arizona so i would expect there to be more chances to hit wide open desert areas or mountains. so i wanna get the right lights without having to buy another set later on. i think im gonna go with fogs for the bumper and long range for the windshield
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Eternal ***erator

I dont think you'll be disappointed with your choice.

Quick Reply: help with lighting...