Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help with MYGIG REN disk copying

Old 06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with MYGIG REN disk copying

I tried to copy two CD's today. Both copied and play fine, however artist names and song titles did not. My gracenotes version is 881. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem.out of all the cd's I have downloaded only one has transfer the song name's
Old 06-16-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I discovered that any CD released after the last gracenotes update will not be in their system. Thus it will not show artist names or song titles for these newer CDs. The latest gracenotes update I've found is 3375, released around March of this year. My current version is 881...
Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hotspur
I discovered that any CD released after the last gracenotes update will not be in their system. Thus it will not show artist names or song titles for these newer CDs. The latest gracenotes update I've found is 3375, released around March of this year. My current version is 881...
As for Gracenotes make sure you use a piece of software called NCH Express Burn it has a free trial for 30 days. (Never use the Windows software to burn any discs for the MyGig it will not burn the discs correctly.) See my instructions on the link provided below.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...52#post2949752

As for the REN software update the same thing goes as with the Gracenotes. NEVER use the windows disc burning software. I'll bet if you burn the update with NCH it will install fine.

There will be no more updates for this device because the production has ended and they are no longer built.

Latest Software Application for REN is 9.292

Quick Reply: Help with MYGIG REN disk copying