Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP! Need 6.25" OPAQUE Covers for PIAA 520's!

Old 06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave nelson
Update: The PIAA opaque covers, though apparently the same dimensions, definitely are not. Not to worry though, I just broke out the Dremel and now they fit!

Overall, very happy with the look and function.

I also bought the PIAA bolt locks, and they didn't have enough clearance for either the bull bar lights or the windshield lights. Oh well...
Dave, I am hoping your are still subscribed to this thread. I am going through this now trying to get the 40 series covers on my 520's.
Do you remember what you took the dremel to on the covers? I can't quite tell from your picture. Was it just the spines along the outside...as per below? Thanks!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marshall31

Dave, I am hoping your are still subscribed to this thread. I am going through this now trying to get the 40 series covers on my 520's.
Do you remember what you took the dremel to on the covers? I can't quite tell from your picture. Was it just the spines along the outside...as per below? Thanks!
Hey, glad this helped someone! Yes, I trimmed those little spines. And also trimmed the sides, where the little recess appears that seats the screws on the sides of your lights.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. I can post better pics if needed.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave nelson
Hey, glad this helped someone! Yes, I trimmed those little spines. And also trimmed the sides, where the little recess appears that seats the screws on the sides of your lights.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. I can post better pics if needed.
Terrific...thanks for the fast response! I understand completely. Was hoping I wouldn't need to trim those sides and risk losing any of the retention factor.
Thanks again...I am amazed these seem to be the only hard cover option for the 520's.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bingo.

Quick Reply: HELP! Need 6.25" OPAQUE Covers for PIAA 520's!