Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help needed please electrical trouble

Old 08-06-2018, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed please electrical trouble

My 2007 jeep wrangler will start and run but the dash instrument panel is not working. The ac is not working. the dome light is not working, the blinkers do not work. the headlights stay on when the switch is not on. I cannot shift out of park. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Forest Campbell; 08-06-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: adding to title
Old 08-07-2018, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to the JKF.

With what you are describing sounds like a clock spring or a fuse. I would start looking at fuses in your engine bay. Also if you go to your local parts store, Chiltons now has a technical manual for 2007 and up Jeep Wranglers. I swear by them because nothing better than having pages to turn and pictures to look at.

The blinkers, headilghts and dome lights all work of the left multifunction switch, which I had to have mine replaced. If you are going to do that yourself, check to see if your Jeep is on the list for the clockspring recall. If so the dealer will replace the clockspring and then have them replace the multifunction switch while they are at it. It will save you the head ache and nerves pulling the steering wheel with the airbag.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help needed please electrical trouble

More suggestions:- 1. check fuses. 2. Reset of TIPM. Take off both battery leads and clamp them together for a few hours. The time gives the electronic components time to discharge. Next re-install leads and open the front door at least twice, with a break of 30s of so, if you don't get any instrument cluster display such as the odometer, you can suspect the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster needs to communicate with the TIPM and power control module or you'll get weird things happening.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Angry

please delete i don't have that option available, tnx.

Last edited by jeepgirl6; 09-06-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Help needed please electrical trouble