Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP! Weird tail light wiring...

Old 02-03-2019, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP! Weird tail light wiring...

So my '07 wrangler was bought used. first owner was in Japan, second in Germany, then i bought it and brought it back to the US with me. Right now I am trying to change my tail lights to LED lights but I've encountered a weird problem. There is usually just the one plug with 4 wires going through it, right? Well this thing has an extra wire that is not routed through the plug and has a quick disconnect going straight to the center (white) light. This looks like it may have been modified to be that way though I couldn't imagine why other than the fact that the tail light itself seems to be intended to be installed that way. This is apparently my turn signal and my brake light. Cops in Arkansas got mad that my break lights were "bright blinding white" and told me to put red tape on them. Anyway, the wiring is all jacked up and I am not sure how to undo whatever the previous owners did so i can install a normal tail light.

Last edited by Garth Slack; 02-03-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: add photos

Quick Reply: HELP! Weird tail light wiring...