Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! Wiring lights!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Wiring lights!

I know there are a thousand threads on this....I did search but can't find the answers I need. I have two 6" KC lights for my windshield brackets and two 8" KC lights for my bumper. They were given to me and I don't have any instructions or relays or anything. I want to hook them up so they work off a switch but I want to be able to run them no matter if my high or low beams are on. Can I just run a wire with an inline fuse to a switch, then from the switch to the lights? Do I need a relay...or should I get one? Is there a specific kind I need? Can someone tell me how to do this using parts I can get at Radio Shack?

Thanks
Doug
Old 07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_natural78
I know there are a thousand threads on this....I did search but can't find the answers I need. I have two 6" KC lights for my windshield brackets and two 8" KC lights for my bumper. They were given to me and I don't have any instructions or relays or anything. I want to hook them up so they work off a switch but I want to be able to run them no matter if my high or low beams are on. Can I just run a wire with an inline fuse to a switch, then from the switch to the lights? Do I need a relay...or should I get one? Is there a specific kind I need? Can someone tell me how to do this using parts I can get at Radio Shack?

Thanks
Doug
Here you go, a simple diagram to wire your lights for control via a separate switch, that has nothing to do with your high/low beams. I did not include part numbers for switch / fuse holder as this is personal preference.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Help! Wiring lights!