Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hid lights

Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid lights

Can any of you tell me if the hid kits are plug and play? Can you uninstall them easaly? Are there any issues with them shorting anything out? I know very little about them and have been thinking of getting some. Also does anyone know anything about ebay kits?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

they are plug and play...KINDA.

you have to either to the modification which includes a relay or simply google or eBay search for HiD warning cancel and you will find a bunch of options for the CanBus system. it basically plugs into the ballast and factory harness so you have a consistent power flow as the JK has a "pulsed electronic system".

I suck at electrical so simply plugging in the adapter is 10x easier than rewiring the HiD lamps and ballasts.

here are the adapters I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...spagenameZWD1V
Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mtnmedic
they are plug and play...KINDA.

you have to either to the modification which includes a relay or simply google or eBay search for HiD warning cancel and you will find a bunch of options for the CanBus system. it basically plugs into the ballast and factory harness so you have a consistent power flow as the JK has a "pulsed electronic system".

I suck at electrical so simply plugging in the adapter is 10x easier than rewiring the HiD lamps and ballasts.

here are the adapters I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...spagenameZWD1V
Did you get a HID kit from the same ebay seller? Are you happy with the item? Service? Etc?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rich
Did you get a HID kit from the same ebay seller? Are you happy with the item? Srvice? Etc?
No and No....my opinion after getting these cheap ass lights...DONT get them off eBay.

You need the light kit, a relay harness and a capacitor or antiflickering adapter. some kits come with the relay harness just be really careful because you're gonna be screwed buying from the guy i did..."autoilliminate"....if you post negative feedback on him, he wont warranty the product. F^&k that.

i suggest googling retro solutions for a reputable dealer who provides a lifetime warranty. i am getting a real setup from him. he actually provides support.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah...the company that made the "XenTec" ballasts no longer exists, so anything out there is counterfeit.

Quick Reply: Hid lights