JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   High Current Battery and Alternator Suggestions for High Power Audio System? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/high-current-battery-alternator-suggestions-high-power-audio-system-139164/)

JeepaRoo 08-05-2010 06:30 AM

im not sure what you are using for enclosures on the fronts.. if you are using the stock enclosures dynamat the outside of those enclosures and that will wake them up... at least it sure does the stock infinity fronts...

-Christopher

Rednroll 08-05-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo (Post 1794916)
im not sure what you are using for enclosures on the fronts.. if you are using the stock enclosures dynamat the outside of those enclosures and that will wake them up... at least it sure does the stock infinity fronts...

-Christopher

That was one of the things that I was considering doing, if I couldn't get the punch I wanted out of these. I was thinking more along the lines of dynamating the insides. Never thought about dynamating the outsides.....do you happen to have a link/pic where someone else has done this?

Rednroll 08-05-2010 10:23 AM

Decisions....Decisions....Decisions. :crazyeyes: There's just too many Audio Capacitors out there. Are there some brand names that are more reliable than others? I'm looking to get a cap which isn't too overly priced (ie <$100...$50 preferred), but I don't want to buy a piece of junk which has over hyped specs, and will fail in the near future.

Vernnz 08-05-2010 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 1795204)
Decisions....Decisions....Decisions. :crazyeyes: There's just too many Audio Capacitors out there. Are there some brand names that are more reliable than others? I'm looking to get a cap which isn't too overly priced (ie <$100...$50 preferred), but I don't want to buy a piece of junk which has over hyped specs, and will fail in the near future.

Stinger products have always treated me well.

Rednroll 08-05-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vernnz (Post 1795250)
Stinger products have always treated me well.

Thanks for the suggestion. A friend that I work with had a 1 Farad "Metra" Cap that he wasn't using and sold it to me for $20. So I decided to get one more of those off of Ebay for $33. So that should put me at 2 Farads at a cost of $53.

Rednroll 08-05-2010 12:20 PM

Well, I decided to ditch the High Output Alternator idea. The price I found on the Mean Green was $400 for a 200 Amp alternator. The stock JK alternator for a 2008+ is a 140amp alt...and the 2007 came with a 160 amp alt. So it seems like a lot of money for an alternator, where I'm not really gaining that much over what the stocker already has to offer. So I think I should be good with the stocker, just invest that money into a better battery.:D