Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Basslink Deal

Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Basslink Deal

I dont personally own one but ive heard good thing about them...either way. Crutchfield is having a sale one them until the 26th for $180. Just thought i would post this up for anyone looking for a sub or deal.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had one of these in my last car(mazda 3 5-door) and these things are great! Aside from an Ice-link ipod connector, it was the only mod i did to the audio in the car. I had the bass turned most of the way down on the head unit for the stock speakers and adjusted the gain on the basslink accordingly for the low end. Sad to say, but that set up put the stock Infinity upgrade in my Rubi to shame. If the stock sub didnt fit my 011 rubi so well from a cosmetic standpoint i'd buy another basslink in a heartbeat, everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. Its a no brainer if you are looking for a low dollar high results upgrade.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

A Basslink 2 was the first thing I purchased for my Jeep. The damn thing was a dud though. I tired to return it a week after I received it but Infinity proved to be VERY difficult to deal with. They flat out would not honor my one year warranty. They claimed it was the retailers responsibility to honor the warranty, the retailer claimed it was the manufacturers responsibility. Around and around I went for the entire year at which time Infinity was kind enough to tell me my warranty expired. For no other reason than their customer service, or lack there of, I will NEVER purchase an Infinity product again.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

What type of improvement over the factory infinity sub is it??
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zking1776
A Basslink 2 was the first thing I purchased for my Jeep. The damn thing was a dud though. I tired to return it a week after I received it but Infinity proved to be VERY difficult to deal with. They flat out would not honor my one year warranty. They claimed it was the retailers responsibility to honor the warranty, the retailer claimed it was the manufacturers responsibility. Around and around I went for the entire year at which time Infinity was kind enough to tell me my warranty expired. For no other reason than their customer service, or lack there of, I will NEVER purchase an Infinity product again.
Sorry to hear. Can't say that i ever had to deal with Infinity directly. I purchased over ebay, had it installed, and it was a dreamy audio experience from there on. i would just stick to a reputable retailer, Crutchfield, bestbuy etc. and you wont have to worry about it.

Originally Posted by TheWhopper
What type of improvement over the factory infinity sub is it??
large improvement.
1. it's self amplified/crossover. great addition to a factory system. just install and boom.
and
2. it has a remote gain control on it (basically a separate control unit that you can wire to within reach of the drivers seat to make on fly the adjustments depending to the type of music you're listening too.

For me it was a great product, that was low investment for great sound

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink Deal