Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity? Sub connection....

Old 10-07-2016, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity? Sub connection....

I just recently bought this 2010 JK Unlimited Sahara. I assumed it was a non-infinity stereo but wasn't really sure as I wasn't familiar with it. Today I found the original window sticker in the owners manual. It says that it's an infinity stereo.

As I'm looking around in the back I find the attached wire/plug. I am assuming this is for the factory subwoofer. Can someone verify that for me. I'm not looking for a big booby base just to fill in the void.

I would like to find a factory subwoofer and put in place. How much am I talking about?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3362030638.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	658436  
Old 10-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That plug is indeed for the factory sub. I've "inherited" two of them and given them away. They're $15 to ship if you can find someone who would like to get rid of theirs. I don't currently have one, sorry.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
That plug is indeed for the factory sub. I've "inherited" two of them and given them away. They're $15 to ship if you can find someone who would like to get rid of theirs. I don't currently have one, sorry.
Let me know if you come across one
Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 AM
JK Newbie

So I'd like to ask a question beyond the plug/sub question

I replaced my head unit with an aftermarket head unit. What I'm curious about is..... will the factory sub still work or do I need a separate amp/speaker set up for my jeep.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

I got a sub today in the mail. It's an OEM infinity. While no, it's not going to rattle the teeth from my head, it does fill in at some low spots that weren't there before.

I'm glad I want to head and got one. Plug it in and three bolts. Not really sure why anyone ever took the original one out.

Quick Reply: Infinity? Sub connection....