Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

installing front speakers

Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installing front speakers

does anyone have a write up/pictures of how to remove the front speakers? I installed polks in the soundbar and would like to do the same in the front but can't seem to figure out how to get them out..
Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=front+speaker

That should help. Do the passenger side first. It's much easier and will give you an idea of how you have to turn the speaker box to remove it. The driver side is definitely a pain, but doesn't take more than 15 or so mins once you remove the bolts. Just take your time working it out of it's location.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do yourself a favor and buy the plug and play adapters much cleaner. I never cut anything when there is an adapter available.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Fire
Do yourself a favor and buy the plug and play adapters much cleaner. I never cut anything when there is an adapter available.
Where can you buy just the adapters from? I wouldn't mind doing this for both front and soundbar but can't find them anywhere? You got a ink? :-)
Cheers,
M.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by moscomusic
Where can you buy just the adapters from? I wouldn't mind doing this for both front and soundbar but can't find them anywhere? You got a ink? :-)
Cheers,
M.
Crutchfield sells them or tosses them in free with the purchase of speakers. On their own I think they're only about 10 bucks from there.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Crutchfield sells them or tosses them in free with the purchase of speakers. On their own I think they're only about 10 bucks from there.
X's 2 on that..........It's worth it to me even if you have to pay for them.

Quick Reply: installing front speakers