Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installing Kenwwod DPX500BT USB/CD Receiver with Install Kit For 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Kenwwod DPX500BT USB/CD Receiver with Install Kit For 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler

2014 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door Sport S:

Considering this unit from Quadratec that includes install kit and claims to be plug and play. I need unit for No Subwoofer but Do have steering wheel controls. Will I need any other additional components to install? Is "plug and play" really that simple? How easy are these units to install? Just changing low end stock receiver with this new unit, no speaker changes or any other changes. I will be utilizing my XM radio subscription which is not currently on the new 14 Wrangler. I imagine I need the serious/xm antenna (SXV200)?

Product Details:
Built-in Bluetooth with A2DP
Android & BlackBerry Bluetooth SPP Control of Pandora
Music Control App for Android
SiriusXM ready (SXV200)
3 Pre-Outs @ 2.5 Volts
Toyota Trim Panels
Cell Phone Voice Control
Automatic iPhone BT Pairing
Larger 14 Segment Display 105mmX26mm
Cell Phone Voice Control
System-QEX
Automatic iPhone BT Pairing
iPhone & Android Control of Aha Radio
iPhone & Android Control of iHeart Radio
Advanced CD Platform -
WAV through USB
Expanded USB File/Folder Structure
Parts Included
In Dash Receiver
Plug N Play Install Kit

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER. PRICE IS HIGH ENOUGH FOR ME. ANOTHER 300 FOR INSTALLATION IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.

Scott
Old 02-20-2014, 03:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redsoxrock
2014 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door Sport S: Considering this unit from Quadratec that includes install kit and claims to be plug and play. I need unit for No Subwoofer but Do have steering wheel controls. Will I need any other additional components to install? Is "plug and play" really that simple? How easy are these units to install? Just changing low end stock receiver with this new unit, no speaker changes or any other changes. I will be utilizing my XM radio subscription which is not currently on the new 14 Wrangler. I imagine I need the serious/xm antenna (SXV200)? Product Details: Built-in Bluetooth with A2DP Android & BlackBerry Bluetooth SPP Control of Pandora Music Control App for Android SiriusXM ready (SXV200) 3 Pre-Outs @ 2.5 Volts Toyota Trim Panels Cell Phone Voice Control Automatic iPhone BT Pairing Larger 14 Segment Display 105mmX26mm Cell Phone Voice Control System-QEX Automatic iPhone BT Pairing iPhone & Android Control of Aha Radio iPhone & Android Control of iHeart Radio Advanced CD Platform - WAV through USB Expanded USB File/Folder Structure Parts Included In Dash Receiver Plug N Play Install Kit THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER. PRICE IS HIGH ENOUGH FOR ME. ANOTHER 300 FOR INSTALLATION IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. Scott

If you use an adapter from PAC, virtually any aftermarket head unit will be "plug and play". The PAC adapter takes care of all your speaker connections, CanBus integration and adds steering wheel control. If you ever plan to upgrade to amplifiers and better speakers (which I'd suggest) look for a HU with 4v pre-outs. You can do the install yourself in a couple hours and come back here with questions.

Quick Reply: Installing Kenwwod DPX500BT USB/CD Receiver with Install Kit For 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler