Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installing a winch

Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a winch

I'm planning on purchasing a winch soon and need some help deciding which to buy and then how to install it.

I'm not going to be doing anything TOO insane while off-road (we'll see) so a good less expensive winch will work just fine for me. I really want a Warn but all the Warns that are within budget have the remote solenoid mounted on top of the winch, for example, like the Warn M8000.

----------

----------

Is that solenoid permanently mounted there or can you move the solenoid to another location? If you can relocate it, what are my options? Does anyone have this winch or something similar to it mounted on their JK? Can you post some pics?

Here's a pic of my front bumper now. Definitely missing that winch!! Any suggestions?

----------

----------
Old 08-20-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! That must have been a record response time! LOL! Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Do I need access to the solenoid or can I 'hide' it behind my bumper or elsewhere?

Anyone know if the Superwinch LP8500 is any good? It's about $200 cheaper.

Last edited by Hafellafuse; 08-20-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing a winch