Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Interior Map LED

Old 10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Map LED

My previous car, a VW Jetta had a red led that came on with the head lights. It was mounted in the overhead console and you never even noticed it until you put something under it and it provided enough light to read a map by without killing your night vision. Any ideas on how I can make something similar for my Wrangler?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get said LED from a junkyard Jetta and install in your soundbar.

Or buy some red LEDs from radioshack and wire it up to the instrument cluster lights.

Or go to a bicycle shop and get a battery powered taillight. Look for a small single-LED unit. Most all have several modes, including flashing and steady.

-Joel
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oznium dotcom. I got 10+ in my jeep and the dome lights in red
Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the bicycle tail-light works great strapped to the sound-bar... its cheap, and has steady burn feature....

seems to work as a theft deterrant if you put it on flash mode while your Jeep is parked with the top down and doors off... people think its some kind of laser or something...

(over heard someone walking by my Jeep parked the other night.. buddy of mine thought it would be funny to put the light on flash.. go figure.. kinda cool)

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Interior Map LED