Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPod Connection Cable

Old 11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question iPod Connection Cable

Does anyone have an experience with this iPod connector for the factory head unit?

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=7UN

I have the factory single disk and while you can plug the ipod into the front of the headunit it would be cleaner to use something like this.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

I don't have an ipod, but so far I have plugged in a PSP and an MP3 player and although it dosen't charge it works great.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

I bought the belkin unit that plugs into the bottom of the ipod so I can get a good clean signal. Then from the belkin unit I just use a cable to the AuX jack. Sound is great and it charges the ipod at the same time. A friend installs audio stuff and he ran all his wires into the console where the ipod remains. I prefer to be able to easily get to mine. So it sits in the cup holder.

The belkin adapter was 38 bucks.
The cable was 5 bucks.

Bryan
Old 11-27-2006, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks duneslider, your method is similar to the set up I have in there now and I do like the idea of being able to see the ipod display instead of hiding it in the glovebox. B&H photo has that exact Belkin unit you described. Thanks for the response, have a good one.

- Silver JK

Quick Reply: iPod Connection Cable