Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ipod help

Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod help

Whats the best way to hook up the Ipod? I've got the 6 disk, sirius, REQ radio, but not sure if I want to spend the money to get the u-connect working, so i can use the fancy mopar Ipod controller. Or, do I need to get u-connect to do that? Or what else? Now I'm just plugging in Ipod to front aux and setting in on the dash, it doesn't get charged and looks a little silly. Thanks for helping.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

This is what I used:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflexaux

I have the iPod Nano version of it.

I have it in the left lighter plug, and the stereo cord snaked in behind, only coming out to plug in the aux port...got a stereo cord with right angle plugs so it looks nice.

A little industrial velcro on the back on the stalk where the iPod plugs in, and the reverse velcro strategically placed on the dash, and it sits in place quite well.

Charges the iPod, uses the line level output of the iPod vs the headphone jack.

Belkin makes one that accomplishes the same thing, without the stalk, so your iPod can be placed more hidden from view.

I ended up with the griffin because with the placement, the iPod is within easy reach of the driver for changing songs, etc.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

If you don't want to spend the money on the Uconnect (which I've posted tons of time I love and for me was worth every penny), until I got the Uconnect working, I was really pleased with my Griffin Tuneflex. As mentioned it puts it within easy reach while driving. It can have a tendency to flop sideways, but that's more a result of it's weight loosening the actual a/c plug, which I fixed with a tiny bit of super glue on the inside where it connects. Another concern I ended up with was the way I had the tuneflex mounted, it put it right in front of the a/c vent. Even when closed I realized it was still burning hot directly in front of that and I'm convinced that keeping my ipod in that location, led to the death of my iPod due to overheating.

So, that's no fault of the Tuneflex, just it's dopey owner. I give hte product a big thumbs up, as it made the iPod's volume solely adjustable throgh the stereo, which was really good, the price is good too, and it got rid of the static I experienced with just connecting via the headhpone input.

Quick Reply: Ipod help