Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ipod will not work with Uconnect

Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod will not work with Uconnect

I have a 2010 with the Uconnect already installed. I plugged my iphone into the USB cable and it would not work. My ipod is about 4 to 5 years old. I then plugged in my shuffle. My shuffle is the original one shaped like a pack or Big Red Gum. It is about 7 years old. They will both charge, but i cannot uplod songs or pay them from the ipod. Are my ipods too old to run with the Uconnect? Compared to most people's, my ipods are dinosaurs.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Last edited by bconrad5150; 10-30-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-30-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Ipods are just as old. Why replace them if they work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bconrad5150
I have a 2010 with the Uconnect already installed. I plugged my iphone into the USB cable and it would not work. My ipod is about 4 to 5 years old. I then plugged in my shuffle. My shuffle is the original one shaped like a pack or Big Red Gum. It is about 7 years old. They will both charge, but i cannot uplod songs or pay them from the ipod. Are my ipods too old to run with the Uconnect? Compared to most people's, my ipods are dinosaurs.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Do you have the ipod interface connected to the mygig? From your description it sounds like you may be plugging your ipod directly in to the mygig via usb. This will not allow you to play songs...at best it will let you charge your ipod. You have to buy the ipod interface kit.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a "brick" style first gen 80 Gb iPod video (2006) and works mint. I am using the iPod connect cable from Jeep and also have a Lockpick in the mix there too. My iPod Touch tho does have better sound and faster song access but barely enough to somewhat make a noticeable difference LOL
Old 10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I am not replacing them. I am directly plugging it in to the USB. I am not into tech stuff much, so I thought I just plugged it in. I saw an "interface" on Quadratec, but it is not available anymore. Then, I found this one: Quadratec Part No: 96080.9002. Is this it?

Thanks for the help,
Brian
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Also, my phone just took a dump. Call me a "technological moron," but I thought I could plug my phone in the USB port (like on my computer) and see my numbers/addresses. So here are a couple of questions:

1. Did I need to install some software to get my phone to work?

2. I need a need a new phone, so does anyone have a phone that works well with their Uconnect?

I do not mind paying a little more for a phone that works well with my Uconnect. My wife watches Oprah and is all over the whole "hands free" pledge.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Mine is a "brick" style first gen 80 Gb iPod video (2006) and works mint. I am using the iPod connect cable from Jeep and also have a Lockpick in the mix there too. My iPod Touch tho does have better sound and faster song access but barely enough to somewhat make a noticeable difference LOL
Your ipod is "state of the art" compared to mine. I wish I had video... LOL.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The USB port on the front of the MyGig is not for connect-to-play from an iPod. It's to transfer music & pic files from a USB flashdrive to the MyGig hard drive. In order to play music from your iPod, you need to use either the aux input or buy a iPod-interface connect kit. A connect kit is the only way you can use the radio buttons to control the iPod. Seems like using a 3.5mm audio cable and connecting your iPod via the aux jack will be your best bet with an older iPod model.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
The USB port on the front of the MyGig is not for connect-to-play from an iPod. It's to transfer music & pic files from a USB flashdrive to the MyGig hard drive. In order to play music from your iPod, you need to use either the aux input or buy a iPod-interface connect kit. A connect kit is the only way you can use the radio buttons to control the iPod. Seems like using a 3.5mm audio cable and connecting your iPod via the aux jack will be your best bet with an older iPod model.
Hope this helps.
This helps a ton BigRed. I will look into the interface connect kit. I cannot transfer music either via my USB port. Is that bc my ipod is too old?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure you can use an iPod to transfer music. What I've done(and was instructed to do) was copy my mp3 files from my computer or iTunes to a USB flashdrive, then I connect the flashdrive to the USB port on the MyGig. Hit the "Import Music Files from USB" button when prompted and your mp3 files will be copied to your MyGig harddrive.

Quick Reply: Ipod will not work with Uconnect