Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jeep JK Painted and Smooth Bumpers with Day Time Running Light Options Del Rey Custom

Old 03-25-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm usually not a fan of painted bumpers but the smoothed w LED looks good depending on other mods. If the fender option was functional besides DLR that would be cool. My wife prefers traditional vs I like a rugged modern look.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRLs: (most readers on the forum probably know this already)

1) regarding required in certain places (Canada for me...): some people cross borders for work assignments

2) insurance company discount for having DRLs! not much though, I get a discount of $10/6 months but I have to explicitly ask because JKs aren't listed in the US systems as having DRLs.

3) DRL behavior is available in JKs without additions using a programmer by reduction in power/ modulation to headlamp, front signal/turn lamp, or fog lamps. YMMV depending on light source( LEDs are a no go without an additional computer and wiring harness) bulb (some bulbs don't like this DRL behavior with bad results) and wiring (best not try with anything not factory).

4) I have seen this setup on the road. The DRLs from OP don't actually look that bad on the street but I didn't recognize the vehicle as a JK at first because the led placement messed up my vehicle profile recognition in my head. As a result the driver didn't get a jeep wave, so sad!

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Painted and Smooth Bumpers with Day Time Running Light Options Del Rey Custom