Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Rubicon problem with rear wiper and door unlock...NEED HELP

Old 01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rubicon problem with rear wiper and door unlock...NEED HELP

I am on mountain, and today when I stop my JK and switch ignition OFF my rear wiper stay working.....I must disconnect rear connector to stop wiper ...
Also all doors (front driver and passenger door and both rear doors can not unlock with inside switch or remote with key). I must manually open driver side door and unlock doors with mechanical switch on doors.....
With key I can lock all doors!?
Weather is very wet (hard snow).
Is there anybody who can help me with this problem? I am 100 miles from nearest civilization ...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Often times a good first step for most of these electrical/electronic gremlins is to reset the whole system by disconnecting the battery for a while. Leave it disconnected for 10 to 20 minutes so the whole system discharges and then hook your battery back up.

Not very specific to your problem I know, but you'd be surprised what a good old fashioned hard reset will fix when it comes to electronics. Others will chime in with more specific information I'm sure, but I've got a soft top and manual everything so I'm not that guy.

Good luck.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disconnecting battery

I just try to reset vehicle, disconnect battery, wait 20 min, and when I connect battery terminal, horn sound once, but everything is same, I can lock doors, but I can not unlock, and rear wiper is still working (without ignition on ...).
Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery reset deal was worth a shot. Maybe an alarm module issue, though I don't see specifically how that would effect the rear windshield wiper. If it is some sort of oem alarm fault the red light above the temp gauge should be doing something, just so you're aware.

I got nothing else for ya man, hopefully someone else has had a similar problem and has a fix for ya. If not then it's off to the dealer when you have time, hopefully under warranty.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon problem with rear wiper and door unlock...NEED HELP