Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kc slimlites question

Old 06-14-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kc slimlites question

Hey Guys...I installed KC Slimlites Sat when you tighten the bolts do
the lights actually get tight that they don't move at all...And also what
part# for shorty antenna anybody know...Thanks...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

I installed mine on Friday and I tightened them pretty good (as much as I felt comfortable with) and the lights still were able to turn a bit. The guy at 4WD said he's got the same lights, 6" slimlites on KC brackets on the A-pillar, (he's got a JK too) and this allows him to move the aiming point a bit to see L to R going down the trail if need be. I like this feature.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

My KC Slimlites swing all over the place, especially up and down. It's a little annoying when I inadvertently bump a light then, when I later turn them on, I light up the road like fog lights (they're supposed to be driving lights), or the bottoms of the tree branches overhead. But, it's a quick stop to make them right again.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I added some lock washers to mine and they don't move around at all once tightened down. When I first installed them I tightened them as much as I could and they still swung up and down, but after the lock washers, no more movement.

I just wrapped a piece of velcro around the light guard, and my antenna to keep it from "slapping" when I hit bumps, seems to work good enough for me.

Quick Reply: Kc slimlites question