Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED fender repeater lights

Old 11-21-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice for sure....and I can see how they would be helpful, safety wise, during high speed lane changes...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's smooth. I'm actually looking at doing something similar between the front and rear doors or mine.

Where did you tap into the lights at? Up by the front fender? And did you have to add a resistor or anything?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks.

No resistor.. Just tapped into the fender lights (after doing the mod for that..) I took a few deep breaths before cutting the hole.. but I'm happy with it. One of my friends bought the same, but also for the back fenders too. Not sure where I'm gonna get the wire to the front, but we will try..
Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jp523
No resistor.. Just tapped into the fender lights (after doing the mod for that..) I took a few deep breaths before cutting the hole.. but I'm happy with it. One of my friends bought the same, but also for the back fenders too. Not sure where I'm gonna get the wire to the front, but we will try..
Couldn't the wiring for the back fenders be tapped into the rear turn signal wires?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Couldn't the wiring for the back fenders be tapped into the rear turn signal wires?
If you got amber for the rear, I wouldn't, simply because they will also act as brake lights... I would tap them into the front, so they are only activated as turn / hazard lights.

Unless, you got red LEDs for the back, in which case I would tap into the rear lights... for the same reason I wouldn't if you got ambers...

To the OP... great looking setup... I thought about something similar, but in the door mirrors...
Your setup looks great!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

This looks awesome! Great job with the mod. It may be a cool idea for the rear fenders/bumper for just tapping it into the hazard circuitry... add a little more protection. I may do this for traffic control...

Great idea!

Were all the parts from that one site?

Quick Reply: LED fender repeater lights