Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED Fog light bulbs

Old 05-03-2023, 11:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Fog light bulbs

Just got my fog light bulbs swap on my wrangler. Honestly pretty surprised with these Auxito psx24w LED bulbs. The design is very basic and compact compared to other LED assemblies, lacking the large heatsink or extended cords to have to stuff into a dust cover. This in and of itself is a major victory, but combine that with the light output and very reasonable cost and these start looking like an unbeatable value. I'm not rating longevity as they've just begun duty, so time will tell how these hold up, but the increased light output is literally jaw dropping. Light is a crisp, bright white and turns night into day, giving a massive boost to safe night time driving. With them together, the light output is simply amazing and begs the question why they're not in the discussion with Morimoto, GTR Lighting and the other top brands.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidLance
Light is a crisp, bright white and turns night into day, giving a massive boost to safe night time driving.
To be fair, "safe nighttime driving" is all relative. Might allow driver of your jeep to see more/better, not necessarily safer for oncoming traffic that has a higher likelihood of being blinded by you.
The following 2 users liked this post by resharp001:
Dat (05-08-2023), XJRefugee (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

I changed the fog light bulbs to LED and like DavidLance says "massive boost"... I can't bring myself to use them on the street due to the brightness. Now, just turn them on when offroad.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
To be fair, "safe nighttime driving" is all relative. Might allow driver of your jeep to see more/better, not necessarily safer for oncoming traffic that has a higher likelihood of being blinded by you.
I'm not claiming to be any saint in this regard either. I have JW Speaker LEDs in the jeep and I know they are bright. I have done the best I can to ensure they are aimed properly, and when I'm towing my trailer I use airbags so I don't let my rear end sag (which just aims those beams higher). It is certainly something that is always on my mind. I've been on 2-lane roads in the middle of the night that have heavy trucking traffic, and I have seen first-hand truckers get pissed off and intentionally dangerously veer into my lane because buddies in the jeeps in front of me didn't have lights aimed correctly. I also get my fill each morning driving to work in a Mazda MX-5 of damn blinding headlights, primarily from behind me, due to ride height.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have JW speaker headlights, i have them pointed way down. I have amber 25w pod lights wired to my old stock fog light harness, i run when no one is in the opposite lane on back roads. Works great, i can see and read signs/see animal eyes from a crazy distance away. I nailed two possums going 60mph with the stock horrible lights, they're suicidal i swear
Old 05-08-2023, 01:20 PM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I have the factory LED lights and get flashed all the time when I have the lights on low, the LED is nice to be behind, but sure hard to look at, I adjusted down some to make it easier on oncoming traffic, but still probably aggravating to others

Quick Reply: LED Fog light bulbs