Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED Halo Help!

Old 10-10-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try tapping switched power. If it si staying amber, it thinks the signal is on.

Does it behave the same with the parking lights on and off?
Old 10-10-2016, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

What is switched power?

Yeah, same with parking on or off. While halos while in park, as soon as I shift to drive or reverse, they turn amber and stay amber.

While halo while parked and amber blinker while also on park.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Halo Turn Signal Problem

I just received a warning for my DRL in Florida being another color other than white or Amber. So I wired the power wire for the halos into my switch pod, now I have better control than my phone for turning them off and making sure they are off but when I use the turn signal all 4 halos flash. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or am I going to have to disconnect them from the turn signals?
Old 01-05-2020, 02:43 PM
RMY
JK Newbie

I got the Xprite 7” Cree LED. VERY HAPPY.
LX-LIGHT 7'' Round Black Cree LED Headlight High Low Beam for Jeep Wrangler JK TJ LJ CJ Hummber H1 H2 (Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B376YOE..._YrNeEbDF070HX
Old 06-20-2021, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MRatliff
I am installing LED headlights with Halo and it has a wiring harness for the Halo turn signal and the DRL. It has 2 yellow wires per side, one that goes to the turn signal and another one that is adjacent to the red and black wires that go to the battery; and it has the same type end. The diagram says it goes to the Headlight Vcc+.
I'm not sure where I connect it to allow the Halo DRL to work.
Any ideas?

See attachments.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto X Pure using JK-Forum
My Daughter just bought a Jeep with these head lights. The OEM front parking lights and front turn signals on it do not work at all. They don't work in the head light also.The tail lights work but when she uses either the rt or left. BOTH rear lights flash together. Is there a setting in the app for the signals? Or do I have a wiring problem?
Old 06-21-2021, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

Ricks - some amateur got to the wiring. Go back start again and simply hook up the low and high beam and ground and go from there IE the plug in to the original harness for the headlights and remove the yellow wires to wherever. I believe the Halos are for DRL (which tell others you are coming - SAFE) and you simply leave those 3 wires connected and tape off all else to have basically a stock Jeep with nice headlights and halo DRL. Being in the US you may have to go in with a programmer (EG JScan) and turn on DRL. DRL will turn off halos when headlight switch is on. Get the system back to normal then start from there.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

I figured something was wrong with the aftermarket lights so I removed the LED front parking lights and hard wired in some old 1157 bulb sockets and got the fronts working. Had to ground the black wire on the left side tho... But the tail lights still both flashed when either left or right turn signals were on. I decided to remove the LED tail lights and test all lights at the connectors with my test light. I took out the trailer light harness and found that when the left turn signal had 2 terminals flashing. I figured what one was for the left side and CUT the one that I thought was powering the other side. Now ALL the lights are functioning properly. What a mess!
Old 01-16-2022, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default DRLs shut off when I shift into Drive

which fuse did you select? I used M2, M7(batt), and the halo DRLs still turn off and headlights turn on as soon as I shift into gear and disengage parking break.

Originally Posted by landoawd
Run the halo wire to an ignition-on source at the fusebox and use a fuse tap.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Similar issue.

did you find a fix? My issue is as soon I shift out of park my Halo DRLs turn off and the headlights turn on.

Originally Posted by lvallejox
What is switched power?

Yeah, same with parking on or off. While halos while in park, as soon as I shift to drive or reverse, they turn amber and stay amber.

While halo while parked and amber blinker while also on park.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Welcome Redleg to JKF.. the original post is from 2016; I checked your profile is shows a 2018 JK, is this correct. The more information you post will provide a base for all the members; We are a good group of Wrangler owners who have much knowledge and willing to share. Perhaps you should Post up your issue in a new thread which should get more attention as the original has a 2016 date.

Quick Reply: LED Halo Help!