Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED light bar for inside mounting...?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared @ 911Lights.com

I see that our website 911Lights.com is getting a lot of hits from this thread, I wanted to see if I could be of any assistance?

What is the purpose of this lightbar, is it for warning or for area/driving lights?
It would be for off road driving. Much like an external light bar. White light, non-strobe. I do know that there are also quite a few volunteers and LEO's on here that have been looking for a good solution for their jeep. Maybe you could become a supporting advertiser and offer up some deals to members.

Last edited by Cowboy5150; 12-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cowboy5150
It would be for off road driving. Much like an external light bar. White light, non-strobe. I do know that there are also quite a few volunteers and LEO's on here that have been looking for a good solution for their jeep. Maybe you could become a supporting advertiser and offer up some deals to members.
I wouldn't recommend any of our interior lightbars for off road driving use, while they are very bright, they have beam patterns that are very diffuse, they are designed to be seen not to see with. We do carry a full line of white lighting products from Rigid Industries. While I wouldn't recommend mounting any of their products inside as they will obstruct the sun visors, I don't see why they could not be mounted in the grille or in the bumper in a secure fashion.

The other option would be to mount the lights securely (using Red Loctite) to a push bumper, bumper guard or grille guard.

What is the Year, Make and Model of the Vehicle?

We are always happy to offer discounts to your members.

-Jared
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jared @ 911Lights.com

I wouldn't recommend any of our interior lightbars for off road driving use, while they are very bright, they have beam patterns that are very diffuse, they are designed to be seen not to see with. We do carry a full line of white lighting products from Rigid Industries. While I wouldn't recommend mounting any of their products inside as they will obstruct the sun visors, I don't see why they could not be mounted in the grille or in the bumper in a secure fashion.

The other option would be to mount the lights securely (using Red Loctite) to a push bumper, bumper guard or grille guard.

What is the Year, Make and Model of the Vehicle?

We are always happy to offer discounts to your members.

-Jared
Many of us are already running ridgid's lights and love them. I think the OP was looking at an interior mounted light for theft protection.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Products are done, and prototypes are on the way from my suppliers. Heat is not an issue, according to tests done at the factory. Quality can be compared to Rigid. Price will be 40-50% less, and mounted inside, for protection against theft/rocks. (PS. Single row LED only)
I am also developing flush mounted LED for the grille, and have samples coming for that too.
All brackets will be manufactured in CA, and patents will be registered to my company.
I will have samples mounted in 3-4 Jeeps for testing in January.
If it all works well, I will ask to be set up as a vendor in this forum, and offer these lights to all forum members at discounted prices.

If not, I will buy some lights for my Jk from a US vendor, and spend my time on other products.
But since i have the resources and my team in China for other purposes, it's worth a try.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoRemote
Products are done, and prototypes are on the way from my suppliers. Heat is not an issue, according to tests done at the factory. Quality can be compared to Rigid. Price will be 40-50% less, and mounted inside, for protection against theft/rocks. (PS. Single row LED only)
I am also developing flush mounted LED for the grille, and have samples coming for that too.
All brackets will be manufactured in CA, and patents will be registered to my company.
I will have samples mounted in 3-4 Jeeps for testing in January.
If it all works well, I will ask to be set up as a vendor in this forum, and offer these lights to all forum members at discounted prices.

If not, I will buy some lights for my Jk from a US vendor, and spend my time on other products.
But since i have the resources and my team in China for other purposes, it's worth a try.
Ill test some lights out for you ;-) . If it helps my case at all I'm currently a volunteer Assistant fire chief, sometimes I arrive on scene before anyone else. I'd like to be able to light up the scene pretty good.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Not to sound much like a dick , you still didnt solve the security issue for the light just because you put it inside doesn't make it safe

I was worry to when I got my light bar so I made my own bracket to help that issue

The mount on to the jeep are under the cowl and bolted to the hood , so you will have to take the cowl and the hood off to unbolt it , the bolts for the light are welded on so you will have to take o serious tool to get my light off

Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Not to sound much like a dick , you still didnt solve the security issue for the light just because you put it inside doesn't make it safe

I was worry to when I got my light bar so I made my own bracket to help that issue

The mount on to the jeep are under the cowl and bolted to the hood , so you will have to take the cowl and the hood off to unbolt it , the bolts for the light are welded on so you will have to take o serious tool to get my light off

Nothing a sawsall can't fix in a matter of thrity seconds or so.....ha ha!

but great precautions!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Nothing a sawsall can't fix in a matter of thrity seconds or so.....ha ha!

but great precautions!
That is very true , if the guy is carrying a sawsall with him then he deserves to get it

There really isn't much you can do to stop someone who is really prepared
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor

If someone really wants your lights they will get it no matter what. There are a few ways to slow them down. You can use stover nuts, security torx or weld a bead on the end of the bolt threads. As for mounting inside the vehicle, I guess you would just need to prevent glare.

Blitzpro light bars are priced pretty low so even if they were to get stolen, at least you would only be out $160 instead of $600+. Sad we have to think about thieves but what can you do.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jaker t5;3331996]Not to sound much like a dick , you still didnt solve the security issue for the light just because you put it inside doesn't make it safe

The mount on to the jeep are under the cowl and bolted to the hood , so you will have to take the cowl and the hood off to unbolt it , the bolts for the light are welded on so you will have to take o serious tool to get my light off.

You don't sound like a dick. It's a fair statement, and a solid mount you got there.
And that size light bar will NEVER fit inside anyway
But a lot of people have their smaller light bars on the roof rack, bumber, or elsewhere where they can easily be taken off with basic tools (or a bolt cutter) in seconds.

I am not trying to invent the wheel here.. I am just doing something different, since I want it that way myself, and it doesn't exist. It's all about personal preference.

By looking into this market, I realized how overpriced these items are, and since I have people working for me in China, why not look into it..? Rigid have awesome products, no doubt!
But the price does not add up (to me).
I refuse to pay three times the price for lights when I can easily avoid it. LED lights are products that can be made anywhere, and it's a lot less complicated than other products I have developed earlier.

This might lead to nothing, but as I said, it's worth a try.
I will update this thread after testing prototypes, most likely late January or early February.

Quick Reply: LED light bar for inside mounting...?