Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED tail lights from Poison Spyder - wiring question...

Old 08-06-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED tail lights from Poison Spyder - wiring question...

I am hoping to find someone on here who also has the "TruckLite" flush mount, push-in LED brake lights from Poison Spyder. I installed mine with someone on Wednesday (WITH the resitors) and everything works, BUT the turn signal function blinks too fast.

I know why this is (since LEDs draw so much less than standard incadescent bulbs), but I don't understand WHY it would happen if I wired in the resistors from Poison Spyder into the brake light harness as per the diagram in their instructions, and can STILL have the blinkers blink too fast.

Like I said, everything works...back up lights, running lights, hazards, brake lights, and turn signals...the turn signals just blink too fast. That's the only issue.

I did speak to someone in tech at Poison Spyder and they said I have to run a wire from the NEG. (-) of the OEM harness TO the POS. (+) of the blinker and that would make the turn signals blink at a regular speed. But the other question that that raises in my mind, is if I need to add a jumper like that, what's the point of the resistors then?!!?

I'm just not a wiring guru, I don't have a test light, and was wondering if anyone has done this 'jumper' with the LEDs from Poison Spycer and can lay out what this step is that I have to do.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just had the same problem on my warrior products led tail lights blinkers were going to fast and i followed the wiring diagram. i removed the resistor and wired it up the the +turn signal wire and the ground wire coming from the back of the light about an inch from the light on both wires and problem has since stopped
Old 08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by indredsnake99
i just had the same problem on my warrior products led tail lights blinkers were going to fast and i followed the wiring diagram. i removed the resistor and wired it up the the +turn signal wire and the ground wire coming from the back of the light about an inch from the light on both wires and problem has since stopped
OK, I like where this is going. So 2 quesionts...

1.) So you mean you MOVED the location of the resistors on each tail light?

and...

2.) you used the resistor to jump to wires on the pigtail to the tail light itself - from the GND. (-) to the +turn signal wire on the new LED tail light harness ... or is the +turn signal wire one of the wires in the factory harness?

I just want to make sure I follow you 100%, and then I'll copy you, lol.

Thanks for your help so far!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

bump this for a confirmation on the question... I've got the same issue - and I wired the resistor very close to the lights. When I first tested the job, it worked fine. Now, it is blinking fast.

Quick Reply: LED tail lights from Poison Spyder - wiring question...