Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lights from HIDprojector.com

Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or even white housing with red shroud? So many options thinking about what would look best
Old 12-16-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by White Ghost
Or even white housing with red shroud? So many options thinking about what would look best
Maybe white with the red then the mesh grill inserts in red. What you think?
Old 12-16-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check over on JK Owners and find Tom's thread. He has a bunch of different builds he's done on there and updates it regularly. Could get lots of ideas that way. IMHO, though, the red housings with white shrouds wouldn't look all that great.

You can't see it on mine, but I actually have CCFL halos behind the shroud on mine. I haven't bothered to hook them up because I've been lazy and want to run them on a separate switch I think, as opposed to ties in w/ the parking lights. But they're meant to light up the reflector much like a city light. More or less would make it look like the entire housing is lit up when everything is on, or I could light up just the housing and have the headlight off.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

I've been talking with him and looking at his FB and website I decided against the red housing for sure I am going to wire in a switch for the devil eyes. I will post pics after I decide what I get after Christmas. Thanks for all y'all's advice much appreciated.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Well putting a hold on ordering but for a good reason.... Wife is thinking of trading in for a the new granite color since she doesn't want to keep it with the motor troubles we have had and it break outside of warranty. But still going to get them regardless.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

My buddy played on Photoshop for me with my current jeep what do y'all think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1901307643.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	521020  

Last edited by White Ghost; 01-03-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know. Is that chrome still. Kind if stands out. I would do black bezels. Projectors would look suck anyways.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Septu
I had them, decided to go with TL LEDs. Wish I had just gone with them the first time.
x2. But I just feel they aren't bright enough. Tom puts a lot of time into these units and it shows. The quality is awesome. And they look mean as hell. But in my opinion they aren't bright enough.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

That's the black housing with white shroud from 2 different pictures. I still need to ride out towards Benton and see your TL
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rustedxj
x2. But I just feel they aren't bright enough. Tom puts a lot of time into these units and it shows. The quality is awesome. And they look mean as hell. But in my opinion they aren't bright enough.
i heard they are brighter than TL is that not true?

Quick Reply: Lights from HIDprojector.com