Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lights: Real differences?

Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights: Real differences?

I've been somewhat lost on my choice of offroad lights. I've been eyeballing some Hella Black Magics, but I wasn't sure about quality. Didn't see much on the forum in terms of pictures. There are tons of mounted pics, but not too much in night lights on comparisons. I only really started to favor the Hella BMs on account of the blacked out look, which is something I've been sticking with since purchasing and personalizing my rig. I realized that for the money I'm going to invest in the lights, I should probably get some that are of high quality, but not the most expensive ones out there.

Anyone here actually have a few different types and found one they felt was the best? I know Lightforce is very popular. I actually put my hands on some KC HiLite Daylighters at the off road shop in town (100 watts). They were good and solid. I like having "Top Gear", but value is important too. Anyway, I can't make up my mind. The KC lights seem good, the Hella BMs look cool as hell, and the LightForce seem to be pretty popular. I'm curious about the IPF off-road driving lights too. I just can't afford HIDs on my budget, so those are out of the question.

Anybody have any input?

Additionally, I was curious about the actual difference between 100 watt lights and 130 watt lights. Is that going to be much of a difference?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

i just bought PIAA H13 Xtreme White Plus Bulbs. huge difference from stock and it only cost $99 CDN. totally recommend it but nothing compare to HID of course
Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Echo you are the man. Your jeep is like a 4WD light saber btw. Appreciate the links. Thanks for the feedback.

Those Lightforce lights pretty cool. I just did the IPF H4s last night, and I think I'm torn between those Lightforces and some old school Daylighters from KC. Hard for me to break away from the classic old school Jeep look you get with the KCs. They are a classic. But the Lightforces are so doggone cool. What to do.... The agony....

Last edited by BlackoutJK; 07-14-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a big fan of cibi'e have been since the 80s.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20737.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	76849   Click image for larger version

Name:	21824.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	76850   Click image for larger version

Name:	20735.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	76851   Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	76852   Click image for larger version

Name:	new 002.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	76853  

Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Fan of IPF and Piaa's

Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run Hella lenses, and I mounted some KC Daylighters on the windshield. Next week I will install HID bulbs in them to see how it works.

KC = 100 for a pair of 100 watters
HID H3 = 40 bucks

$140 for HID off road lights in a pair. No need to spend 300 to 500 on HID lights.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Where did you find them? I don't want to order them out of a catalog without putting my hands on them first. One of the reasons I got away from the Hellas is because I actually went by a truck shop here and put my hands on the KCs. They were good and solid and it seemed like they would hold up well. They looked better in my hands, seemed sturdier to me than any of the pictures. Do you have a link?

Quick Reply: Lights: Real differences?