Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LOD Pilot PL-195 Rear Bumper Light Splice

Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD Pilot PL-195 Rear Bumper Light Splice

Fellas,
I am trying to splice my rear LOD Pilot PL-195 55W lights into the reverse light wire going into the passenger side rear brake fixture. Is a direct splice of the wire ok? I tried it and the stock light still illuminates but I get no action from the bumper lights.

I am trying to use a Tap Splice, so its possible the lod light wire didn't get tapped properly, but before taking it apart I figured I had better come ask.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was doing some more reading and I think in an "i really have no clue" sort of way, that I may have to set up a relay with an independent wire going to the battery for the additional lights. Basically similar to the diagram in post #4 on this thread:
Diagram Post

Is this correct or am I just screwing up a simple wire tap?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind. I am an idiot that doesn't know how to splice. Sigh, oh well, problem solved at least. And fyi, tap splices suck in my biased and uninformed opinion.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they do! I always solder when possible.

Quick Reply: LOD Pilot PL-195 Rear Bumper Light Splice