Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Map lights won't turn off on rear-view mirror

Old 07-17-2022, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Nope, I gave up on my '13. Was not worth the effort for me. For whatever reason the CANbus on the '13 just never liked LEDs in the dome lights, even "CANBUS-friendly" LEDs that I've seen. Maybe others have found something. I just didn't care enough.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what did you do to turn them off?
Old 07-17-2022, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by FH02rner
So what did you do to turn them off?
I didn't use LEDs. I just stuck with the regular bulbs from the factory. It's not like they give off less light IMO, it's just warmer yellow rather than cool white.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FH02rner
I own a '13 JKU and just recently made the change to interior LED's. Since then, the map lights on the rear-view stay on. Doing some research, I found this thread on JK Forum that appears to be a couple years old and wanted to see if anyone has found a solution other that turning the map lights off completely? Perhaps Jeep has an answer?
Same,same. I believe if you put a resistor on the interior lights it will solve the problem, but I haven't tried it and I'm not planning to. It's working just fine for what I wanted and I don't think those mirror lights do that much anyway.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

I now have the same problem, except I put LEDs in the rear of the Jeep years ago. The map light problem started just after my windshield was replaced. 😒
From what I've seen, there really isn't a resolution aside from changing the now old LED's.

Last edited by James_V; 01-26-2024 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Map lights won't turn off on rear-view mirror