Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

May be a big problem

Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be a big problem

Ok so here's the story...I herculined my tub about two weeks ago and have had the top off since. A freak storm came by a couple days ago when i was away from home while my jeep was there with the top off. ( not sure if this is the reason for my problem but probably is)
So anyway, I went to drive the jeep and the BAS ESP light came on first and i wasn't sure why. Then just a couple minutes later the airbag light came on, i still wasnt sure what was going on. I pulled over turned it off and the lights were off when i turned it back on. Sure enough they came back on eventually. So i kept driving and the oil light came on( there is oil in the jeep), then the RPM gauge went nuts and the battery light came on and eventually the rpm gauge stopped working along with the temp gauge.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm thinking something must have gotten wet and is shorting out. Maybe one of the computers. Im not sure where the computer is that controls all these lights is....
If anyone has any idea it would be a huge help! thanks guys

Quick Reply: May be a big problem