Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar Fog Light Wiring Extension -or- Keeping Stock fog lights w/ Aftermarket Bumper

Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mopar Fog Light Wiring Extension -or- Keeping Stock fog lights w/ Aftermarket Bumper

I'm posting this so that someone else in the same position doesn't have to search for a 1/2 hour!

I installed my Shrockworks mid-width bumper, and decided to retain my stock fog lights... only to find out that the stock fog light wiring is too short to reach both lights, in their new positions in the Shrockworks bumper.

I'm a rookie at all things electrical, so I didn't want to have to deal with soldering, etc... So, I called my dealer's parts department, and asked them to order me a wiring extension for the fog lights. They promptly told me "there is no such thing," and that they couldn't order it for me unless I knew the part number.

So, after a while searching through this AWESOME site, I was able to find an old post that gives the part # for this item: 82210549.

Stock fog light wiring extension: $22.
Getting the info you need from JK-Forum: Free.
Telling the parts counter guy that you know more about what's available for your Jeep than he does: PRICELESS.

"There are some things money can buy; for everything else, there's jk-forum.com!"

I hope that this post is helpful to someone else out there. Thanks to WOL for this site, and to HappyC for the info I needed.

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Any dealership can order it for you.

"Installation kit is a wiring extension allow relocation of Fog Lights to a Mopar Brushguard (97-06 Wrangler) or Off-Road / Winch Bumper or Tubular bumper lamps for 07+ Wrangler

Part # 82210549
Name: Lights, Fog Light Installation KitsJumper Harness
Description: Connects production fog lamp wiring to bullet style Mopar Fog Lamps. 18 long. Used when installing Mopar bumpers in place of production fog light equipped bumpers.
Price: $22.00"
Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I'm posting this so that someone else in the same position doesn't have to search for a 1/2 hour!

I installed my Shrockworks mid-width bumper, and decided to retain my stock fog lights... only to find out that the stock fog light wiring is too short to reach both lights, in their new positions in the Shrockworks bumper.

I'm a rookie at all things electrical, so I didn't want to have to deal with soldering, etc... So, I called my dealer's parts department, and asked them to order me a wiring extension for the fog lights. They promptly told me "there is no such thing," and that they couldn't order it for me unless I knew the part number.

So, after a while searching through this AWESOME site, I was able to find an old post that gives the part # for this item: 82210549.

Stock fog light wiring extension: $22.
Getting the info you need from JK-Forum: Free.
Telling the parts counter guy that you know more about what's available for your Jeep than he does: PRICELESS.

"There are some things money can buy; for everything else, there's jk-forum.com!"

I hope that this post is helpful to someone else out there. Thanks to WOL for this site, and to HappyC for the info I needed.

Thanks for this post, very helpful. OK, but now I'm confused.

I received the harness in the mail this week, and I just went under the JK to install 'em, but the connections are different.

So, I'm very stupid when it comes to electrical things, but I'll try explain. On the harness there is a plastic clip thing that fits jut fine into the wires on the Jeep, but then the other end is two prongs, one plastic coated and one bare metal - how do I get those to fit into the factory fogs? Please help someone.

I do agree that this site rocks!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure you received the right part?

This is the one i saw at the dealer:

bullet connectors and plug.

Edit:

I forget, do the factory fogs have the bullet connectors, or is it the plastic plug? I cant remember.

This harness is for bullet type connections. from the description:
Description: Connects production fog lamp wiring to bullet style Mopar Fog Lamps.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 08-02-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you sure you received the right part?

This is the one i saw at the dealer:

bullet connectors and plug.

the blade and other connector are probably what goes inside of that plug, did you get the plugs? maybe you have to assemble it now on your own?

I had to assemble the plugs for the wiring harness i have from them.
Yes, thanks for the picture. That's exactly what I got.

OK, no I don't think I got the plugs?

On the picture, the end without the plug needs to go into the back of the light housing. I guess I need to get some kind of converter to add a plug to the end of that? Anybody know where I can get something like that?

I gues I was hoping it would just be like an extension cord, plug in both ends and voila!!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper

Yes, thanks for the picture. That's exactly what I got.

OK, no I don't think I got the plugs?

On the picture, the end without the plug needs to go into the back of the light housing. I guess I need to get some kind of converter to add a plug to the end of that? Anybody know where I can get something like that?

I gues I was hoping it would just be like an extension cord, plug in both ends and voila!!
*L* i tried to edit my post before you got to it, sorry forthe confusion.

I get what you are saying now. hmmm.... i dont know of a bullet plug to h13 adapter off the top of my head, probably a specialty thing, would have to start googling myself to see what i could find.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

The factory lights have the plug, so the bullet connectors don't fit.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

*L* i tried to edit my post before you got to it, sorry forthe confusion.

I get what you are saying now. hmmm.... i dont know of a bullet plug to h13 adapter off the top of my head, probably a specialty thing, would have to start googling myself to see what i could find.
It's all good.

mmm, thanks for your help. I think I may need to take the harness and light housing down to to Autozone to see if they can figure out if there is an adapter or converter thingie?

Thanks again HappyCurmudgeon.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

well, all the individual parts definetly exist, it may be just a matter of sticking them all together if you can actually get them. I hope you can. If you get them, find out part numbers, please post it up, I am sure this will come up again.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Oh, and your welcome for the help, glad to give it a try.

Quick Reply: Mopar Fog Light Wiring Extension -or- Keeping Stock fog lights w/ Aftermarket Bumper