Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar Headlight Leveling Kit

Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the idea of having this for towing and such...

but, getting the parts at this point is probably still the easy part. i would dam near guarantee that this will require some "assistance" from your local dealership to flash some code. now... if you can find someone to do that without tucking some dollar bills......
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Cruiser
That would be great to have for when you tow,, If you hook up a trailer it sometimes dropps the backend down a couple inches,, thus raising your lights,, getting you highbeamed..
Would be nice to be able to change that from behind the wheel!
Steve
Hell, all I have to do is put a small toolbox in the back and I get highbeamed and I'm not even lifted so still have the rake. I did put some brighter bulbs in last winter, but they're still not that bright.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried this with my 05 TJ Sport. My dealer was able to get me Canadian pricing. It came out to around $1200 for new headlight buckets with motors, switches, new dash panel, and a module of some sort. Obviously, we wouldn't need a new lower dash panel, but it's still expensive.

That dealer also told me that the parts were export only, and even though watrehouses in Canada had stock, they could not order them. So I emailed a friend in the UK. She could get the pieces for the equivalent of around $1000CDN, plus shipping.

Personally, it's too expensive for something that would ultimately be more of a need gadget than something I'd make a lot of use of.

Still, it would be cool.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This would be a pretty cost prohibitive add on, IMHO. At least for the average Joe. I mean, you're talking about at least a switch (possibly whole switch panel), wiring harness and two small electric motors or servos, not to mention all of the mounting extras. That adds up to a lot in the Chrysler book, I bet. Especially if you gotta get it all from down under.

Quick Reply: Mopar Headlight Leveling Kit