Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MY Gig Help

Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even after they flash it with the starscan it will not work with the Jeep in motion. The Lockpick will unlock all the hidden features of the Mygig.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
No the update is free, just your time. You know the dealerships can you leave it all day for a 20 minute task?

Went to the dealer this morning (the one that I bought the Jeep from a month ago) and tried to get it done...$50 and they wouldnt make the appt. until Fri. I asked if they could take care of me since I bought it there and he started going off about how is he goimg to pay the techs...You think if you spend 30K somewhere, maybe they could take care of you with the small stuff...no wonder why DC is going under...
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

[Not to hi-jack even more BUT] anyone know of the mygig video working in motion with the manual trans? I remember reading about video being disabled for all with the manual trans.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by S10x1000
Yeah dealerships are ridiculous.

With an REN mygig thats the no navigation one.

Go to mofv.com\mygig

follow the instructions on the downgrade to 8.4

and after the downgrade put a dvd and start the video while parked and out of gear

push audio, release parking brake and put in gear then exit the audio screen.

and you will have video in motion
Ya, I was aware of that fix, my problem is that im not getting DVD picture at all (only audio) and the DVD controls are grayed out, so I guess I need the dealer to enable the DVD option...

Does anyone know if most (or any) smaller shops/mechanics usually have the star scan tool...This dealership is really pissing me off and at this point I would rather take it to a local shop and pay than get it done for free at the dealership...
Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Ya, I was aware of that fix, my problem is that im not getting DVD picture at all (only audio) and the DVD controls are grayed out, so I guess I need the dealer to enable the DVD option...

Does anyone know if most (or any) smaller shops/mechanics usually have the star scan tool...This dealership is really pissing me off and at this point I would rather take it to a local shop and pay than get it done for free at the dealership...

Prob not, but I certainly wouldnt go back to that stealership. F that guy, their not the only one who has a starscan. Take it to another dodge dealsership and see what they say. It only takes 10 minutes, and thats if they screw up the first time. If you were going to have to spend 50 on that, just put it toward the lockpik.

Josh
Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Ya...I caled another dealership and got the same story...1/2 hour of labor ($45). The GM from the first dealership called me back and told me he would take care of me if I kept my appt. so Ill bring it in tomorrow in the AM and see what happens, but I will never be back there again...

All this for a 5 min job...what will they do to me if I ever need serious work done...these guys are A holes at johnson Dodge/Jeep in Budd lake, NJ

Quick Reply: MY Gig Help