Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My gig Navigation not calibrated right?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My gig Navigation not calibrated right?

Ok I did a search on this with no luck, if it has already been talked about someone just give me a link please. I recently upgraded a friends mygig to 9.715 and now his navigation seems like it is multiplying the actual miles he drives. When he drives 3-4 miles in one direction it has him 8-10 miles or so further on the map then were he started instead of the 3-4 miles it should show. I did the same update with the same disc on my jk with no problem whatsoever. His jeep is an 07 sahara automatic with 2.5" lift and 33" tires but he has had the lift since jeep was new over a year ago and this problem didn't start until we did the update. My jeep specs below.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure i've heard of that exactly on here, but thought i might have remembered someone mentioning something similar to that, and that disconnecting battery and re connecting might have been a fix or solution for a problem after a mygig update, might be worth a try.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Tell him to keep driving about it should fix itself after about 10-20 miles, i ended up driving/sailing around the Pacific for an hour when i did mine.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'll tell him to try that and see what happens.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

For anyone that wants to know this has seemed to fix the problem he just drove around for a while and it went back to normal. Thanks artpics for the info.

Quick Reply: My gig Navigation not calibrated right?