Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG 09.018 update WIPED my addresses!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MYGIG 09.018 update WIPED my addresses!

My Jeep was at the dealer for a wire repair to the right rear wheel sensor, and for some reason they "PERFORMED RRT 09.018 MYGIG UPDATE" without informing me or asking me. When I saw the paperwork and asked, they had no clue: "it's just an update we were told to perform."

ok, fine. Right? WRONG!

It wiped out portions of my NAV stored data as follows:
LOST DATA IN THESE FOLDERS:
FAVORITES
HOME
VOICE

(It also wiped out the new folders I created.)

RETAINED DATA:
RECENT DESTINATION
FAVORITES
SAVED TRAILS
(PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK FOLDER FROM MY CELL PHONE TREO 700p WHICH IS EMPTY, BUT IT'S STILL THERE)

What really sucks, is I just spent an hour on it storing newly saved trails and locations, and creating those damned folders that they wiped out!!!

So,
1) is there any way to back this up for the future? (I have the ALLGIG and a USB wire sticking out of that, if that helps)
2) what's the update?
3) How the heck to you put anything into favorites other than the WHERE AM I NOW, followed by SAVE CURRENT LOCATION?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It came back

On the last update the dealer did, don't remember the #, wipe out most of my memories and I wasn't happy, 24 hours latter all the info reappeared, give it a couple of days before you panic.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Yotdoc
On the last update the dealer did, don't remember the #, wipe out most of my memories and I wasn't happy, 24 hours latter all the info reappeared, give it a couple of days before you panic.

really? that's insane? Hard Drives just don't work that way (do they?).

Well, I re-entered some of the data already, like making new folders again. So if it tries to "re-appear" how's that gonna work given the fact that there are folders and addresses with the same names now. This is a messed up system. And WTF did they update my 6 month old MYGIG anyway? I didn't ask them to! They can't even tell me what the update was for! argh
Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

That version is a few versions old at this point.

Go here: http://mofv.com/mygig/

You might as well upgrade to the current version and see if the info comes back. Worst case at least you'll be current with the latest bug fixes.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by petenice15
That version is a few versions old at this point.

Go here: http://mofv.com/mygig/

You might as well upgrade to the current version and see if the info comes back. Worst case at least you'll be current with the latest bug fixes.
Well, I have two thing to say to you:

THANK YOU.
and
DAMN YOU!

Thanks for that amazing web site link!
Damned you for that web site link! I was going to try and go to bed earlier tonight!

I'll read that site and learn a bunch, inlcuding the logic (or lack thereof) of how folders and addresses are saved and moved around (like why favorites can only be put to favirtes with the SAVE CURRENT LOCATION feature AFAIK).

But I do need to ask this:
I don't even see version 09.018 listed on that site. And yet they just installed it yesterday. What the heck?

I have many more questions, but I'll search and read that forum before posting them.

Thanks again (and damn you!)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Well, I have two thing to say to you:

THANK YOU.
and
DAMN YOU!

Thanks for that amazing web site link!
Damned you for that web site link! I was going to try and go to bed earlier tonight!

I'll read that site and learn a bunch, inlcuding the logic (or lack thereof) of how folders and addresses are saved and moved around (like why favorites can only be put to favirtes with the SAVE CURRENT LOCATION feature AFAIK).

But I do need to ask this:
I don't even see version 09.018 listed on that site. And yet they just installed it yesterday. What the heck?

I have many more questions, but I'll search and read that forum before posting them.

Thanks again (and damn you!)
Your welcome, I guess... That site is extremely helpfull and you will always get updates there before anywhere else. You'll also get the Gracenote updates there which are helpfull if you're a CD guy. The dealers get the software upgrades months later and they are the last to get them at all times. As usual JK-Forum is the place.

Now that you are upgrading software, you should go to coastaletech.com and get a MyGig mic for $20 and then you will be able to use UConnect for voice commands and bluetooth for your phone.

Sorry to add to the never ending Jeep obsession, but glad I could help a fellow LIer out.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks.

I have ALLGIG, so I'm all set with uconnect, VR, and even letting my kids watch DVD's while driving to our off roading trips!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

OK. I went into the menus and found the following info:
APPLICATION: 1.220
DATABASE: RS12 - N 208 0807
GRACENOTES: 881

So I guess I have the latest update. How can I prevent future updates from wiping out my address info?

And why is it only my DEFAULT folder was wiped, plus the custom made folders I made, but the FAVORITES was still there.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Found this:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/wk_rapid_response_09-018.pdf

Quick Reply: MYGIG 09.018 update WIPED my addresses!