Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig

Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig

Does anyone know if you add the MYGIG system to your JK if you also need to add the Sirius option or is that option included already with the MYGIG?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

The hardware is included as part of the MyGig. You will get a year's subscription free. After that, you'll have to subscribe in order to receive the service.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks for the answer

I also had the same question if the My Gig came with the Sirius. When I placed my order the dealer said he thought the Sirius was an additional add on. I did not opt for the extra add on for the Sirius. I was hoping paying 1500 more to get the My Gig that Jeep would certainly throw the Sirius into that. If mine ever arrives I will let you know for certain.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

MyGIG has Sirius hardware built into it as far as I know, as do the other 2 radios that come with the Wrangler.

The Sirius "add-on" is just an antenna & wire. Once the radio detects an antenna, Sirius becomes an option on the radio.

If you want the antenna to be completely hidden, go with the Mopar kit (that's what I'm doing). If you don't mind a little satellite radio antenna visible on your hood or back center taillight, you can probably save $100 by going with an off-the-shelf antenna. The connectors look the same to my eyes.

That said, there MIGHT be something specific about the connector type for the antenna wire-- I'll post pictures of my mopar kit for reference over the weekend.

Quick Reply: Mygig