Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig 9.713 update problem, DVD drive will not read :-(

Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Mygig 9.713 update problem, DVD drive will not read :-(

2008 Sahara w/factory NAV RER

All was fine(HHD music, DVD player, NAV, Sirius, Lockpic backup camera) before I started except that the RER did not "see" my Iphone 4S.

application: 9.665
grace notes: 534
database: RS6-N-1060642
SDS: 131574
ser: TooBE032850812
system 6816 006 3.5

I purchased the Mygig update package on Ebay (didn't find this blog till after) Followed directions to the tee, unfortunately after loading the first disc 9.713 things went downhill It did all the correct things but at the end never came up with the the prompt to load so I could say no, nor did the radio volume turn back on to let you know it was done. I waited a couple hours but no go. I verified the software did update to 9.713. Problem is now it won’t read this CD or the next CD to move forward(DVD player does not spin up) Also the radio is inop as in no sound, no play music on the hard drive or the AM/FM radio, sees it but won’t play The backup camera still comes on but not every time or right away. When you hit Satellite it says "module failure". I did the Engineering reset back to factory default but it made no difference except that all my music on the hard drive is gone so something worked... only thing I haven't done yet is remove the fuse to the NAV or disconnect the Lock Pick.

I would really like to get my Radio and NAV working properly again, and clues or advice how to make it happen

Thanks in advance for a solution
Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 69mach1
2008 Sahara w/factory NAV RER

All was fine(HHD music, DVD player, NAV, Sirius, Lockpic backup camera) before I started except that the RER did not "see" my Iphone 4S.

application: 9.665
grace notes: 534
database: RS6-N-1060642
SDS: 131574
ser: TooBE032850812
system 6816 006 3.5

I purchased the Mygig update package on Ebay (didn't find this blog till after) Followed directions to the tee, unfortunately after loading the first disc 9.713 things went downhill It did all the correct things but at the end never came up with the the prompt to load so I could say no, nor did the radio volume turn back on to let you know it was done. I waited a couple hours but no go. I verified the software did update to 9.713. Problem is now it won’t read this CD or the next CD to move forward(DVD player does not spin up) Also the radio is inop as in no sound, no play music on the hard drive or the AM/FM radio, sees it but won’t play The backup camera still comes on but not every time or right away. When you hit Satellite it says "module failure". I did the Engineering reset back to factory default but it made no difference except that all my music on the hard drive is gone so something worked... only thing I haven't done yet is remove the fuse to the NAV or disconnect the Lock Pick.

I would really like to get my Radio and NAV working properly again, and clues or advice how to make it happen

Thanks in advance for a solution

I have the same exact problem and hope someone has a solution.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default fined a solution?

Originally Posted by machomanie
I have the same exact problem and hope someone has a solution.
I have the same problem, did you guys fined a solution, I hate hearing my wife say" I told you to leave it alone, it was working fine."

Quick Reply: Mygig 9.713 update problem, DVD drive will not read :-(