Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig 9.715

Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When I upgraded from 9.713 to 9.715...

I filed 2 bugs with HB, related to the 9.715 code base.

(I know the HD is good on my radio, it's not the culprit.)

1) After upgrading, all of the MP3s I had imported were no longer there. I could not see the playlists that I setup, nor could I see any of the content.

2) I noticed in the sys info, that the storage space from my missing MP3s was still recognized as consumed by content.

I had to "delete all music" files from the radio to get the space back.

So, for some reason, 9.715 either corrupted the table identifying the music I had imported, or it lost the directory or partition where the imported MP3s were living.

Strange behavior, but if that's the the worst of it, I'm fine with that.

-t
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im still running 9.713 and I have no issues with my MyGig. I guess I will not update until there are some real changes to the software.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

MI MudBoss, did you read about the nitro amp swap I hear that also is a fix for the noises you are having Just a thought, Also The dealer reflashed my friends jk for an engine thing and the first thing we found is that his rear speakers sounded like the amp was removed I was with him when he took it back and they told him that when the ECM was reflashed it takes care of all needed updates after an hour of bitching they said that was nothing that could be done, I think he going to order the nitro amp I cannot wait to see how that works
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Nitro amp! I am very pleased with it. It brings out the low tones much better and the sound bar actually plays sound now! Oh and movies are simply awesome now! Theater Sound!

Warning if you like head splitting highs you should stay with the stock amp. The Nitro amp will bring those down to a normal level after the swap.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation ID10t error by my dealer's service center

I installed 9.715 last night.

Then this morning, I put the Jeep in the shop for a new Nav antenna, because the MyGIG is not seeing satalites (not related to the software...)

They call and say the Jeep is ready. So I ask what they did!?!?

"We updated the software..." said the Service Manager.

I replied that would not fix the problem, and asked him to tell me how many satelites are being seen.

He didn't know how to check! The tech wasn't sure either.

They agreed to order the new antenna, and I insisted they start listening, but I don't think they heard me...

By the way, they downgraded me to 9.713!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sgt P
I installed 9.715 last night.

Then this morning, I put the Jeep in the shop for a new Nav antenna, because the MyGIG is not seeing satalites (not related to the software...)

They call and say the Jeep is ready. So I ask what they did!?!?

"We updated the software..." said the Service Manager.

I replied that would not fix the problem, and asked him to tell me how many satelites are being seen.

He didn't know how to check! The tech wasn't sure either.

They agreed to order the new antenna, and I insisted they start listening, but I don't think they heard me...

By the way, they downgraded me to 9.713!
While they should replace the antenna for you, it is almost not worth the hassle ... you can buy the GPS antenna online for less than $40 and replace it yourself in mere minutes.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmcginnes
While they should replace the antenna for you, it is almost not worth the hassle ... you can buy the GPS antenna online for less than $40 and replace it yourself in mere minutes.
Your right!
Where were you yesterday!!!

Of course this way, I'm not out $40. Just the additional hours and mileage of dealing with the dealership again.

Wait that's way more valuable than $40!

Damn...
Old 06-29-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
MI MudBoss, did you read about the nitro amp swap I hear that also is a fix for the noises you are having Just a thought, Also The dealer reflashed my friends jk for an engine thing and the first thing we found is that his rear speakers sounded like the amp was removed I was with him when he took it back and they told him that when the ECM was reflashed it takes care of all needed updates after an hour of bitching they said that was nothing that could be done, I think he going to order the nitro amp I cannot wait to see how that works

i would be VERY interested to do something like that. i have to pick up some Mopar goodies that i had ordered, when i get there i will have them order me one of the nitro amps. do i need any more info to give to my parts guy? should i sit down before he tells me the $price$ ? anything more than a hundred and i might fall over!
THANX A LOT! i can't live like this anymore
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

My MyGIG had problems tracking satellites.. a software update corrected this for me. He applied 9.713 to your radio, because that is the last update "officially" provided to them from Chrysler.

-t

Quick Reply: MyGig 9.715