Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig hard drive, can you remove music and photos?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig hard drive, can you remove music and photos?

I've played around with mine for a while now and can't figure out how to delete files that I put on the hard drive of mygig. Can it be done?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ragtopdave06
I've played around with mine for a while now and can't figure out how to delete files that I put on the hard drive of mygig. Can it be done?
Yes, it can be done.

Oh, you wanted to know how?

Go, menu, then it's like "manage my files" and you can delete all music, delete by artist, by playlist, etc. Not the greatest interface, or most intuitive, but it works.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hscrugby
Yes, it can be done.

Oh, you wanted to know how?

Go, menu, then it's like "manage my files" and you can delete all music, delete by artist, by playlist, etc. Not the greatest interface, or most intuitive, but it works.

Ha ha, thanks man. I'll go give it a shot. I really didn't have my files tagged the best when i uploaded about 100 songs, and noticed a lot of duplicated artists spelled different ways or with lower case letters in place of uppercase, etc. So I re-tagged all my music and am ready to put a lot more on it. Love my ipod, but having the music already in my jeep all the time is better than having to disconnect the ipod whenever I park.

Quick Reply: MyGig hard drive, can you remove music and photos?